Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holidays in the Rear View Mirror!

    Well, the holidays have come and gone, and as I suspected, my nice little weekly routine went completely down the drain! In some ways, there was no avoiding this as Christmas and New Years Day both fell on Saturdays. My saturday long runs with the Alzheimer's association were consequently moved to Sundays, which created a scheduling conflict between my two running groups.
None of that really mattered in the end though, because I missed all of my group runs both weekends! The good news is that even though I missed my scheduled long runs, I still made my weekly mileage both weeks and managed to come out of the holidays LOSING a couple of pounds!

A Sad Note

Last week, some waste of oxygen broke into my car and stole my two small cameras that I use for documenting my personal life. (including most of the photography you see in this blog). Both the small camera that i carry on my bike and in my fuel belt while running as well as the nicer compact camera I use for the portrait and food photography you've been seeing are now gone. 

So onward we go.....

The Fundraising

I did manage to have some nice activity on the fundraising front over the holidays. First there was a flurry of personal donations from a few friends just before Christmas. Huge thanks go out to the Gianakis Family, the Girouard Family, the Brooks family, and to Margaret Cedrone for their generous contributions!

I also had some nice "donation for photography" exchanges over the last couple of weeks.


Miele Law Group
First, one of my fellow "Soup Groupers", Tony Miele, made a very nice donation in exchange for a quick photo shoot of the members of his Law Group. Here's a shot from the photo session.
Check out his group at www.mielelawgroup.com

 Tony Miele and the Miele Law Group


Nature's Design Florist
Earlier this week, I was contacted by a florist who had done the flowers for a wedding I recently shot. She loved the photography, and well, you can see where this is going.
Thank you to Elizabeth at Nature's Design for her contribution! Here's how to find her http://www.naturesdesignstudio.com/

A shot of mine from a recent wedding featuring the work of Nature's Design Florist.


The Training

2010
2010 is over and the numbers are in! I ran 950 miles over the course of the year, averaging about 2.6 miles each and every day during 2010. Not bad for a guy who started running in November of 2009 struggling to run a mile without stopping!

Racing
After a 3 month hiatus from racing, I have set myself a pretty rigorous race schedule for February. I'll be doing the Run leg in a winter triathlon on the 13th. (only 5k, but all in snow!) Then on the 20th I'll be doing the Foxboro 10 Miler, and on the 27th, the Hyannis Half Marathon. 
I'll let you know how they go!

This Week
There's not really too much to report on the general training side of things for these past few weeks. As I noted before, the scheduling got a little mixed up over the holidays, but the miles got logged, and thats the important thing.

Soup Group 
Things got back on track for me this week and I made it to the Soup Group run in Medway. The planned run was 8 miles, but because I've missed my long run for the last 2 weeks, I decided to go early and log some extra miles. We had a record turnout, and I finished my run with 12.6 miles at a pace of 8:42/mile.
The run finished at Dave Soligon's house where his girlfriend Karen had this weeks payoff waiting for us!



The Payoff!

This weeks host was Dave Soligon whose girlfriend Karen made this wonderful chicken, white bean and vegetable soup!



Soup Group "Face of the Week"
Mike McMullin. A regular with the group who had his first 8 mile run since he was 
a "young guy" this week. Nice job Mike!!




Thats it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment