Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 3- Ups and Downs. The dough starts coming in!


This week was a busy one for both training and fundraising. 
The running week was full of both physical and psychological ups and downs, but I'll get to that in a bit. Let's start with the fundraising!

Fundraising

In 2007, 2009 and 2010 I rode in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Ride. This is a 25, 62 or 100 mile bike put on by the Alzheimer's association every summer. Unlike the Boston Marathon event, the Memory Ride is open to everyone and usually has 200-300 participants. Because there are so many more participants, (there are only 15 of us doing the marathon), the fundraising requirements are much lower for the memory ride. My fundraising commitment for the marathon is $3250 as compared to the $1000 commitment for the Memory Ride.

The best tool I have at my disposal for raising this kind of money is my photography.
As I did for last year's ride, I will be doing photo shoots in exchange for donations directly to the charity.

I have a long road of fundraising ahead of me, and the ball got rolling this week.

First off, I'd like to thank the Coleman and Andriolo families for their donations. They made their contributions in exchange for a family photo that I did for them.

Next, I'd like to thank Gerard at Dorfman's Jewelers in Boston.
A couple of years back, on assignment for Boston Common Magazine, I photographed Henry Dunay of Dorfman's. (see one of the shots from this assignment below!) In exchange for a donation, I supplied Dorfman's with jpegs from the shoot.

                    
Henry Dunay of Dorfman Jewelers in Boston
                    

I'm always looking for these types of opportunities. If you know someone who might be interested in my services in exchange for a donation, PLEASE have them contact me! ( anthony@anthonytieuli.com )

IDEA OF THE WEEK

Ok, I don't really expect to have a good idea every week, but it sounded good.
I was thinking that a great way to raise money easily would be to do head shots for Real Estate agencies.
I'm thinking the agency gets together as many of their agents as possible, and I come in and do some great headshots right at their location. The agents would each make $50 donations in exchange for the shots.

Do you know a Real Estate agent or agency that could benefit from this?
Have them email me ( anthony@anthonytieuli.com ) or call me any time at 617-913-0254

Thats all for now on the fundraising front!

If you'd like to make a personal contribution, it's very easy. Just click HERE.


Training
This weeks mileage was 37.5 miles.

This week's running was a bit of a battle. I've been feeling under the weather for about two weeks now, but haven't been backing off at all on my training. Last weeks saturday "long run" left me feeling drained and psychologically beaten up.

On top of that, on Monday I think I aggravated a tendon on the top of my foot which lead to me dealing with quite a bit of pain all week.

Fortunately, a trip to PR Running in Westborough and a chat with Rich Allen who owns the shop led me to an alternate way of lacing my running shoes that helped with the tendon thing. Thanks Rich!

I basically forced my way through my running week and told myself that if I wasn't feeling better by the end of the weekend, I'd back off a bit.



Saturday Long Run - 10.4 miles

Unlike last week, I decided to take friday off before this week's saturday long run with the Alzheimer's team. This was probably the smartest thing I did all week.
Saturday's run went really well. I felt great for the entire run, even feeling like I could have kept running for quite a while if I had to.
Afterwards, the team got together at Panera for coffee. Coach helped me a bit more with my lacing/foot issue.

Here's a shot I took "on the run"


The Alzheimer's Association Marathon team heading onto Memorial Drive in Boston.


Sunday Soup Group - 6.1 Miles

Todays Soup run was a very nice one. More trail running, which is so nice on the tired legs after a long run on pavement yesterday. Felt great the whole time. Not much else to say.
Ok, well one thing. I cant help but feel pretty awesome about doing a 10 mile run one day and having absolutely no problem doing 6 the next. Things seem to really be coming along!

Now, on to the soup!

This was a big one. It was my week to bring the soup! I have to admit, it was actually pretty easy. I just asked my wonderful and beautiful wife Kate to make it!
Of course she kicked ass and made a killer beef stew. Everyone loved it! ( I was a little bummed that she wasn't there to see how much everyone was enjoying it. )


This week's soup. Beef Stew made by my wife Kate.

One last note about the Soup Group. We now have 5 runners who are running Boston 2011!
Congrats Hiroshi and Jeff for getting numbers!


No comments:

Post a Comment